The Reddish Family Practices
Statement of Purpose
The name and address of the registered provider is:
The Family Surgery (North)
306 Gorton Road
South Reddish Medical Centre (South)
0161 983 9797
Dr Stephanie Marechal
Dr Catherine Roberts
Practice Manager: Mrs Jenny Webster
Our practice comprises 5 GP Partners and 4 Salaried GP’s based on two sites looking after approximately 12,000 patients. Both sites are situated in Reddish, with our primary site being The Reddish Family Practice
The practices are located in North and South of Reddish in Stockport and borders Greater Manchester to the North and Tameside to the East.
The North Surgery premises were purpose built in the early 1990s. Patients can be seen in 8 consulting rooms at ground floor level. The ground floor is also served by a reception, waiting room, a disabled toilet and a further patient toilet.
Administrative accommodation and a staff room with kitchenette can be found on the first floor.
Externally, the practice has a car park with 16 car parking spaces. Disabled patients can access the practice via a ramp at the front entrance.
The South Surgery premises were purpose built in the early 1990s. Patients can be seen in 6 consulting rooms at ground floor level. The ground floor is also served by a reception, waiting room, a patient toilet.
Administrative accommodation with kitchenette can be found on the first floor.
Externally, the practice has a car park with 10 car parking spaces. Disabled patients can access the practice via a ramp at the front entrance.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (The Reddish Family Practices) are required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
The Aims and Objectives of the Reddish Family practices are to:
- Provide a high standard of Medical Care
- Be committed to our patients needs
- Act with integrity and complete confidentiality
- Be courteous, approachable, friendly and accommodating
- Ensure safe and effective services and environment
- To improve as a patient centred service through decision making and
- To maintain our motivated and skilled work teams
- Through monitoring and auditing continue to improve our healthcare services
- Maintain high quality of care through continuous learning and training.
- To guide our employees in accordance with diversity and equality.
- To ensure effective and robust information governance systems
Regulated activities/ services we provide
- Treatment of disease , disorder or injury
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Maternity and Midwifery services
Our practice is working collaboratively and participating (where relevant) in shared delivery of care across the Tame Valley Primary Care Network.