Sick/Fit Note

Evidence that you are sick - Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

If you are off sick and absent from work, your employer can ask you to confirm that you've been ill. You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. This is called self-certification.  You can fill in a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website

If you're sick and off work for more than seven days, your employer will ask for proof of your illness. Most employers ask for a fit note from your GP. These can also be provided by Pharmacists, physios and other health professionals.

If you require a fit note from your GP please request one through our online patchs system using the link below and this will go directly to a GP using the link below: 


At the surgery our Work and Wellbeing coordinator Ed Finn, will review repeat fit notes and is available for an appointment to support you in returning to work. 

For more information see the DirectGov website 


You can apply for a Covid-isolation note without having to contact a GP at if you absence is due to being required to self isolate due to Covid-19.

Further information is available at

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website